I am happy to say that we (Oleg Bliznuk and Exocortex) have released the first version of ImplosiaFX, the fast and modern ICE Modelling-based shatter toolset. :-) It supports Windows both 64- and 32-bit (Linux coming soon ). It has been significally improved and extended since the first version.
Here are the key key improvements:
- Modern iterative-like fracturing
- Support of the normal preservation
- Chunks extraction.
- Automatic materials assignation
- New top level menu (tool bar aslo is available)
- Completely rewritten ICE workflow to improve stability
- 32-bit support
- Full documentation
- Sample scenes
- Lots of stability fixes (thank you beta testers!)
So, here is the full features list:
- Continuous/Voronoi/Iterative fragmentaion types;
- Ability to drive fragmentation behavior via ICE;
- Booleans ( robust and fast );
- One-click menu\toolbar workflow as well as ability to build your own full ICE-based system;
- Normals and UVW preservation;
- Extraction each chunk as separated object ( fast );
- Automatical material assignation as well as one-click selection of the cut faces to further work;
- Normal preservation during per-island animation ( momentum etc );
Check out the trailer, the detailed feature list, and give it a try here.